Baby Breakfast Muffins!

Saturday 11 November 2017

Luke is going through a phase of only wanting to feed himself which is fab! Getting him to eat is a long process however, and if it is green, he doesn't want it. NIGHTMARE!

I've had to get back into the kitchen and figure out how to cook Luke the healthiest foods that he can feed himself. For some, that may sound super easy. For me, I have become so lazy and cooking was definitely not my strong point anymore. But for Luke, it will be a strong point again!

Breakfast for me was a real struggle. I need something that is healthy and that he can feed himself. Now I have gone back to work 3 days per week, I always aim for minimal mess in the mornings.. Challenge accepted..

I didn't mean to match his top to the highchair..

I searched the internet for some assistance and breakfast muffins kept appearing! They seemed simple enough, so I created my own recipe. They were so simple and it made so many!

Ingredients



1 Cup of Flour
1 Cup of Oats
1/4 Cup of Milk
1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Large Egg
2 Pouches of Ella's Kitchen "The Green One"
1 Avocado
1 Banana

Method
1. Pre heat the oven to 220°c/425°f/Gas Mark 7.
Mash the banana and avocado together, then add the milk, the pouches and egg

2. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients

3. Fold the mix together, ensuring the dry mix is completely covered - this doesn't need to be too thorough

4. Scoop a generous amount into a muffin tray - you can use liners, but I just used a silicone tray and some spray coconut oil

5. Pop in the oven for 20 mins.
Ensure when the time is done that they are cooked through
(I use a knife to poke through the centre. If the knife comes out clean, they are done! If not, put them back in for another few minutes)

6. Ta-daaaa!
Cool them on a cooling tray.
These can be frozen (which saves my life!) and defrosted as needed.
I pop them in the microwave for 30 second bursts until they are warm through!


Perfect every time!

Post a Comment