Valentines Traditions

Saturday 14 February 2015

For us, Valentines day isn't really something we worry too much about. We have had the same valentines tradition since forever, and we love it!

Greg did however get me flowers delivered to my work - how cute!


And I did get him these adorable robot choccies from The Whimsical Cake Company


So, firstly, we get up - whenever - today it was 10am-ish! Then we have breakfast. I made us sausages, poached eggs, baked beans and bacon. I am the slowest cook ever, so it took an hour! Hah!

After dossing on the sofa for a few hours, we then go to Costco. We select one of their massive pizzas (pepperoni!) and a case of beer (I like Cubanisto rum beer and Gregs likes Budweiser) and any other naughty snacks along the way. Then we eat and drink for the rest of the day in the comfort of our own home.. No restaurants, no having to wrestle to get into town to have a good time. Home :)





Yum yum yum! Greasy goodness. Back to the diet tomorrow....!

I love my Greg :)


Greg's parents also put us together a bag of goodies! We got champers, sweeties, and some cute heart champagne flutes! And a card with a surprise towards our honeymoon - thank you! :)


What are your traditions? 

12 comments :

  1. those are great traditions... I love the robots cakes... we are big on traditions too... We make a chicken cacciotore meal, while sipin' some good wine and then watch Dirty Dancing and the Notebook..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) great tradition! I don't think I could ever persuade Greg to watch either of those - but I love both!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great day! We went out for a couples massage and then a late lunch at my favorite place to eat. We ended up watching Anchorman 2 that night-so romantic, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couples massage?! Sounds amazing! And I am a huge fan of Will Ferrell but Greg isn't unfortunately. Glad you had a great 'romantic' day!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun day! We have traditions each year too. Breakfast at home, lunch out at a restaurant we have never tried, and some kind of movie. It's fun to have traditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is nice :) it makes a really commercial day a fun one, don't you think?

      Delete
  4. I mean, you really can't go wrong with sweets and pizza! It sounds like you two had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great traditions!!! I love the robots, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No matter how greasy Costco pizzas are they are always delicious! Looks like you had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Costco pizzas are just incredible!! It was great, thank you :)

      Delete