Pancake Day!

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Hey all :)

In the UK, we have Pancake Day, which is today! I cannot get enough of pancake day, even though every year I end up having a strop about not being able to make the pancakes right.. 

I did try to make pancakes for everyone at work but with the electric hob, I didn't succeed and I did give up in the end. My lovely colleague stepped in and made them perfectly though! YUM!

Shrove Tuesday marks the first day of lent (if you are religious!). More info on what Shrove Tuesday can be found here!

SO! About a year ago, just before we got the house, my Mum and I went to Costco and found this amazing pancake pan! Today was my first chance to use it!


I very lightly dabbed coconut oil on each section, not too much as it is non-stick! Then I made the batter.

1 cup flour
1 cup milk (I used skimmed but any is good)
1 egg

THAT SIMPLE! If it looks too thick, add a tad more milk.


As they started to cook, I flipped them (this was intense.. I was convinced they wouldn't come out of the pan.. But then...)


YAY! They are so much fun!



And the ones that didn't look so great? Well they made a great pancake stack!


I put some in a squeezy bottle to try my hand at a Minion pancake....


That is definitely a success - right?!

My favourite topping is lemon and sugar...


What is yours?

15 comments :

  1. Those are so cute!!! I think IHOP is having National Pancake Day on March 3rd here in the USA. Chocolate chip pancakes are calling my name now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March 3rd is my birthday! So a great day to have pancakes :) oooo choc chip pancakes! YUM!

      Delete
  2. Pancake day sounds like the greatest thing ever! And I love your pancake press, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The only bad thing about pancake day is that it is one day :( I think I am going to copy the USA and make them a regular thing over here!

      Delete
  3. A day for pancakes? That's so cool. We have pie day here in the US, but that might actually be everywhere haha. These are so cute and look super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pie day?! That sounds amazing! We don't have that - when is it? I want to get involved! :)

      Delete
  4. We Love pancakes in our house. I pull out a squeeze bottle for them a lot. We always throw some frozen strawberries with sugar on the back burner and let it simmer into a sweet sauce for on top. Yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that is such a good idea! I have frozen raspberries - I might try that tonight!

      Delete
  5. what a fun way to make the classics.. love them all

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh these are way too adorable.

    ReplyDelete