Favourite Quick Meals

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Currently, the diet is difficult. Pizza seems like the only food in the world that will stop my hunger!

I have been trying to make foods that take no time at all and taste amazing - as well as being healthy and good! So far, I have two favourites..

My favourite breakfast at the moment is spinach and poached eggs. Seems simple enough huh? Well for ages, I almost craved it but didn't make it! It takes me about 5 minutes to make the whole thing and is so good! 

Here is how..

I put half a bag of spinach in a frying pan and add a splash of water. Keep the heat high until you hear a sizzle, then turn it to medium, constantly moving the spinach and turning it over until it is cooked. 

Boil about 2 inches of water in pan. When the water is fiercely boiling, drop in your eggs. Lots of poached egg 'recipes' call for vinegar - I have never used vinegar and always got perfect eggs! Take the eggs out of the water when they are cooked to your liking. 

I add some cracked salt and pepper to them at that is that! Done :)



For this easy egg fried rice...

First of all, pick your rice. I prefer brown but there is no right or wrong here! Boil your rice until almost cooked.

Then, fry off your chicken (I fry using pure coconut oil - so good for you and so yummy!) and sprinkle in one chicken stock cube. Don't over cook it! Add onions and your chosen veg to your pan (with no extra oil or water), with the chicken. Whilst cooking, add about 2-3 table spoons of soy sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes before adding the drained rice. Keep to a medium heat and keep it moving! As the rice is cooking, you may need to add a little water to ensure it cooks well.

Whilst this is cooking away, mix 3 eggs and a dash of milk in a mug. Make sure they are mixed well.

Once the rice is cooked, make a well in the middle and add your egg mixture. Turn the heat off and mix everything together, well. DONE!



Enjoy :)

8 comments :

  1. I love spinach and scrambled egg whites! So easy but so tasty at the same time:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I cannot get over how good it is :)

      Delete
  2. I have a hard time eating spinach on its own but love it in dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been forever since I've made fried rice, thanks for the reminder of how quick and delicious it is! Looks great <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looove spinach! And it's super good for you :) Must try this out!

    ReplyDelete